Thursday 20 November 2014

Secondary School Life

Posted by Lucy at 10:13
I've been at secondary school for a while now (precisely 53 days in case you're wondering), so I decided I'd write a blog sharing my thoughts and feelings towards this new, exciting way of life.

The truth is that secondary school is a gigantic leap from primary school where everyone knew everyone and you had one teacher who taught all subjects! In Year Seven, expectations are higher, there's more homework and it's your responsibility to be on time for lessons. But despite all this, I'm really enjoying school. I've made a nice bunch of friends and of course, I have my pals from primary too.

I like most subjects, however my favorites consist of Maths, PE, French and History. Music is fun too as it doesn't entail as much thinking as other lessons do. At break and lunch, I usually hang out in the form room with my friends.

At the beginning of the year, my biggest worry was catching the bus. Now, it doesn't phase me in the slightest. In fact, it's the best bit of the day! In the morning, a Year Eleven named Freya usually saves me a place next to her, which means I don't have to worry about finding a space (my stop's the last one, so seats are normally scarce) and on the way home, I sit with my friend, Lani.

So, if you're moving up to secondary school next September, don't be nervous! Yes, the first couple of weeks can be daunting, but once you get in the swing of things, you'll be fine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Little Miss Blogtastic Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review