Wednesday 29 April 2015

Healthy Eating Tips

Posted by Lucy at 09:46
Hello everyone! For the past couple of weeks, I've been mindful as to what I fuel my body with, so today I shall be sharing my top tips on how to eat healthily ...
CSC_3107
1. Never skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it kick-starts your metabolism. It's important to have something nutritious like a smoothie or a bowl of granola with wholegrain yogurt and raspberries because foods like these release energy slowly.
2. Don't eat out of boredom. When you're bored, it's tempting to reach for the unhealthy snacks, but when you do, ask yourself, "Am I actually hungry?". If the answer is "no", then don't eat it for the sake of it. However, if the answer is "yes, I am hungry," read #3...
3. Make healthy swaps. For instance, rather than a chocolate bar, have an apple instead. It's better for you and will keep you filled up for longer.
5. Eat slowly. We're all guilty of sometimes inhaling our food and not taking time to enjoy every mouthful, so, to slow yourself down, place your knife and fork down between every mouthful and take a sip of water.
6. Stop when your full. It's not necessary to eat everything on your plate, so don't feel you have to.
7. Treat yourself. Yes, it's best to avoid foods high in fat and sugar, but cutting them out entirely is never going to work in the long run, so allow yourself something naughty every so often.
I hope these tips are of use to you and  that you enjoyed this 'Health & Fitness' post!
Until next time,
Lucy x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The picture itself just makes me wanna start eating healthier haha! perfect for summer!

~Thevya
truelythevs.blogspot.com

Emmajane. said...

Having breakfast is my most important! Always stops binge eating later on! X

Chilled summer evening look over at-
hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
// BLOGLOVIN

Post a Comment

 

Little Miss Blogtastic Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review