Wednesday 24 December 2014

A Walk in the Countryside

Posted by Lucy at 10:07
Christmas seems to have crept up on us so quickly, don't you think? It certainly doesn't feel like twelve whole months have past since the last time I'd partook in singing carols around the village Christmas tree. Anyway, the weather today was sunny (but cold) and the  clear blue sky seemed like the perfect invitation to enjoy some fresh air, so Mum, Dad and I wrapped up warm and headed off out. 


When we reached Badbury Clump, we joined forces with some close family friends, who'd brought their dogs along too (Oscar the Terrier and Bugsy the Pug). Benji, our doggy, thoroughly enjoyed the company and spent the whole walk bouncing about with his new pals, getting very muddy indeed!


I must admit, the walk itself was a lovely one; it was a pleasure to be surrounded by such natural beauty. It's totally amazing that magical places like this one exist so near to your doorstep and you've probably never even realised they're there.  As one of my New Year resolutions, I've decided to explore at least one new outdoor area a month throughout 2015.

The walk also provided me with the opportunity to try out my new Joules wellie boots, which Mum and Dad had let me open as an early Christmas present. I absolutely love the design: navy and white polka dots with a brass buckle. 

Well, that's it for now. I'm off to sing Christmas carols around the tree, then bag some ZZZ's before the Big Day! 

Love, 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Little Miss Blogtastic Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review