Sunday 28 December 2014

8 Beauty Resolutions to Make (and Keep) in 2015

Posted by Lucy at 04:02
2015 is speedily approaching, so today I decided to come up with 8 New Year resolutions that I WILL keep! Here they are…


Moisturise twice a day.
Moisturiser acts like a barrier, trapping moisture and preventing bacteria from clogging up your pores. To find out more about the importance of moisturising, click here.

Always take off my make-up at night.
I’d say I’m fairly good at doing this already, however there are some evenings when I really cannot be bothered. I know it’s important to take your make-up off at night or else bacteria will build up on your pillowcase, leading to breakouts. Dun-dun-dah! Simple’s Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes are great and leave your face feeling fresh.

Drink at least 1.5 litres of water each day.
It’s important to drink water because (a) it flushes your body of toxins, (b) it helps us avoid dehydration and (c) it gives your skin a healthy glow. I drink more water than a lot of people, but I don’t drink enough to meet the daily recommendation (1.6 litres for women and 2 litres for men).

Get 8-10 hours of beauty sleep every night.
We’re like mobile phones; sleep is how we charge up when we’re tired. It’s also whilst you’re asleep that your body prepares itself for the coming day.

Reduce sugar intake by keeping junk for the weekend.
I usually eat quite healthily on weekdays, but when junk’s on offer, as we all know, it’s hard to resist. That’s why I set myself this goal!

Exercise daily.
Exercise gets your heart pumping and your muscles moving. That’s why it’s so important! Last month, I discovered Blogilates (a YouTube channel dedicated to fitness) and have been doing one of her quick workouts every morning before school. Additionally, I sometimes take the dog on a walk/jog in the evening, which tends to make me sleep better because it tires me out.

Use heat protection spray.
Heat damages our hair, so I thought that this resolution was a good one: always use heat protection spray before curling/straightening my hair.

Set aside some time to relax each week.
Life’s busy and sometimes things can get too much for us to cope with, so take some time to relax and enjoy a bit of ‘me-time’. How you relax is up to you; taking a hot bath or reading a book are good detoxes.

Hope you've enjoyed reading about my Beauty Resolutions for the New Year and perhaps they've even given you a few ideas!

Happy New Year!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Little Miss Blogtastic Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review