Saturday 13 June 2015

My Breakfast Smoothie Recipe

Posted by Lucy at 07:49
Hello everyone! I was having trouble thinking up a blog post for this week, but, whilst drinking my smoothie this morning, I had a sudden stroke of inspiration... I'd chat you guys through its making process! So, here's my quick and easy recipe...
CSC_3624
Five inexpensive ingredients are needed to make this deliciously healthy smoothie and they are:
  • 2 tbsp of porridge oats
  • a ripe banana
  • a big squeeze of honey
  • 1 tbsp of frozen blueberries
  • 500ml of milk
The first thing I do is pop the porridge oats and banana into my blender. (In case you are wondering, I have a Breville Blend-Active and it's simply fantastic as it takes up little space in the cupboard and creates little mess too!) Then, in go the frozen blueberries, followed by the honey and, finally, the milk.  I blitz the ingredient for about two minutes, or until it's pale and frothy! Then, I pour into a cup and drink it straight away!
CSC_3620
The Health Benefits of Bananas
  1.  Bananas help build strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
  2. Due to high levels of potassium, bananas help with learning by making you more alert.
  3. High in antioxidants, bananas provide protection from free radicals.
  4. Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize your blood sugar levels, so you don't feel tempted to snack on unhealthy foods!
I hope you enjoyed this quick recipe post! What ingredients make up your favourite smoothie? I'd love to know, so feel free to leave me a comment!
Until next time,
Lucy x



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love anything with bananas...haven't been that active too much either with my blog lately. I like the recipe post idea! I like to blend a banana with an Equate chocolate nutrition "shake". If I'm not caring too much about the healthy side, I'll get the low carb or sugar ice cream and put a little with the banana for a milkshake.

Post a Comment

 

Little Miss Blogtastic Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review