Tuesday 21 July 2015

My Weekend in Paris

Posted by Lucy at 13:47
Hello everyone! Last weekend was spent in Paris with my family and I had a truly spectacular time! The purpose of the trip was to meet Dad at the finish line (he was riding the whole Tour de France route along with 30 others a week ahead of the professionals), but also to squeeze in a sneaky bit of exploring! Now, be warned this is is a pretty picture-heavy post! 
CSC_4026
Mum and I traveled to Paris on the Eurostar and then took the Metro to our hotel. It was a smooth, stress-free journey, but when we arrived at the hotel, apparently we weren't booked in when in actual fact, we were. A few phone calls sorted that out though and soon we were free to relax and really enjoy the weekend.
DSC_4030
Once we'd unpacked and settled, we met up with my grandparents and went exploring. Above is Palais Garnier, a famous opera house.
DSC_4032
When I saw this in a patisserie shop window, I had to snap a quick pic because, seriously, how cool is an Eiffel Tower made of macaroons!
DSC_4044
For dinner, we met up with my uncles and went to a place called the Bouillon Chartier. The atmosphere there was amazing, the food was wonderful and I loved they way everything was vintage (the tables, the chairs, the chandeliers etc.)!
CSC_4121
On Sunday, we met with the rest of the family and hung about the Eiffel Tower, where Dad and the other cyclists were to come and get some photos taken. They were running a bit late, so we decided to go go-carting and, as you can tell by my face, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
DSC_4118
DSC_4133
CSC_4142
At 7.45 PM, a bus picked us all up (the cyclists and their families) from the hotel and took us to River Siene, where we boarded our dinner cruise. The food was lovely, as was the experience! 
I hope you've enjoyed this very different kind of post! It's been good fun sharing what I've been up to!
Lucy x

2 comments:

Hollee Daze said...

You're hotel looks amazing! Lucky girl. xx

http://holleedaze.blogspot.co.uk/

thatluckieone said...

Your trip looked like so much fun! Beautiful pictures :)

xx
Mikayla | thatluckieone.blogspot.ca

Post a Comment

 

Little Miss Blogtastic Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review